Cookies are used on our website to provide users with better services and browsing experience.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from a website to the user’s terminal (usually a browser), where they are saved and later retransmitted to the website when the same client visits the site again. A cookie cannot collect any other data from the user’s hard disk, nor can it transmit viruses or acquire e-mail addresses. Each cookie is unique for the user’s browser.
Which cookies do we use?
Technical session cookies
The cookies used by http://www.mascagnicollection.com, http://www.hotelmascagnirome.com,
http://www.mascagnihotelrome.it, mascagniluxuryrooms.com,www.blastnessbooking.com have the purpose of carrying out computer authentications or session monitoring, as well as saving specific technical information regarding the users that access the Blastness server, manager of the site’s maintenance service, and of the hotel’s booking services.
In accordance with article 122, paragraph 1 of the Privacy Code (in the version in force, following the application of Legislative Decree 69/2012), “technical” cookies can also be used without requesting user consent.
For maximum transparency, below is a list of technical cookies and operational cases specific for this website:
• Cookies directly planted in the user’s terminal (which will not be used for further purposes), such as session cookies used for online booking from the Website, authentication cookies, customisation cookies (for instance, to select the browsing language); these cookies remain active only for as long as the session lasts.
• Cookies used to make statistic analysis of accesses/visits to the website (so-called analytic cookies), whose sole purpose is to provide statistic data (not marketing or profiling) and collect information in an aggregated manner, making it impossible to such information back to a single user. In these cases, as the regulations in force prescribe that analytic cookies require a clear and suitable description of the simple steps required to refuse to accept them (including anonymisation mechanisms of the cookies themselves), we hereby describe how to deactivate installed cookies. The duration of the analytic session cookies is 30 minutes.
How to alter cookie configuration
Most browsers allow users to delete cookies from the hard disk of any computer, to block cookie acceptance, and to receive a warning before a cookie is saved.
To delete a cookie, follow the instructions contained on dedicated pages of different browsers:
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
– Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
– Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
Third-party cookies are parts of codes configured by a different website from the one the user is currently visiting.
This means that cookies from third parties are saved to the user’s device. The management of information collected by third parties is disciplined by their relative regulations. To ensure more transparency and convenience, we hereby list the cookies used on our website and the information on the types of cookies used through third-party suppliers, their purpose, storage period, third parties that store this information and that have access to it:
Cookie name: Google Analytics https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=it
Google Analytics is Google’s analysis tool that helps website and app owners to understand how visitors interact with their websites (number of pages visited, browsing time etc), providing useful statistic data that helps optimise and improve browsing, without identifying the user.
Cookie name: Google Adwords https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2407785?hl=it
Promotes Google searches for the services offered by the hotel without collecting or monitoring information that can personally identify a user
However, if a user blocks or deletes a cookie, it may be impossible to restore their preferences or customised settings previously specified, and our ability to customise user experience is therefore limited.